ESTA Visa Application

ESTA Visa Application - Information

ESTA stands for an Electronic System for Travel authorization. An ESTA is a system that will state whether you are eligible to travel to the USA under the Visa Waive program. If an ESTA is approved, then you are authorised to travel to the USA. It is recommended that you apply 72 hours before your travel date. This gives our team the time to process your ESTA however, please note that it most cases you will receive a response quicker.

Since January 2009, you have to legally have an approved ESTA to travel to the USA.

What happens if I change my E-mail address ?

If you happen to create a new email address once you have already applied for the ESTA, then all you need to do is update your new information.

What to do once you have received your ESTA

Applicants will be provided with an email stating whether they have been approved or not. Applicants will be required to bring and show the passport that you have used in your application at the airport when you board.

Once an ESTA is approved, it is valid for 2 years. However if your passport becomes expired before the 2 year period, your ESTA will automatically become expired too. If this happens, then you will be required to re-apply for a new ESTA. Please remember that if you have an approved ESTA, you can only stay in the USA for a maximum of 90 days.

Although the authorised ESTA will allow you to travel to USA, please note that once you arrive you may be asked to provide additional information to the border service officer. Be prepared to answer some questions as they are the ones who decide whether you are able to enter USA or not. However, there has only been very few cases where an applicant with an approved ESTA was rejected from entering USA.

When to apply for new ESTA

You need to get a new ESTA authorisation if:

•Your application expired

•You get a new passport

•If your forename or your surname has changed

•If you change genders

•If your country of citizen becomes different

•If you are convicted of a crime

Do I have to apply for ESTA if I am only transiting through USA?

Yes. Even if you are only transiting through USA on your way to another destination you need to apply for ESTA. Any carrier that is bound for USA can deny your boarding if you do not have ESTA approval.

Additional ESTA Information

The attacks of 9/11 had shattered the States and the entire world had felt the ripples for a long time thereafter. The US Department Of Homeland Security introduced ESTA and made it compulsory to avoid exposing the States to undesirable citizens falling under VWP.

The Homeland Security Secretary was confident in stating that this additional security screening will not hinder or restrict lawful trade, commerce or tourism in any way. The intent of implementing this screening procedure was to minutely filter out the people who could pose potential risk to the States.

There are a total of 38 countries that fall under the U.S. Visa Waiver Program. Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom are the counties whose citizens are citizens are eligible for a visa-free entry into the United States.

ESTA does not guarantee unrestricted entry into the States. It simply implies that a person is eligible to travel to U.S. The final decision is made by the US Customs and Border Protection Officer at the point of entry regarding eligibility.

The ESTA visa UK – short for the Electronic System for Travel Authorization – is an online application process for people traveling to the United States; provided that they have a passport from a Visa Waiver country. Upon approval, an ESTA visa is valid for two years or when the passport expires, whichever happens first. Apply for an ESTA visa to be able to stay in the United States for up to 90 days at a time whether you are visiting for business, leisure, or medical reasons.

You can apply for ESTA UK to avoid the long visa application process if you’re only going to visit the USA for a short period of time less than 90 days. The system is available for any foreign national from a Visa Waiver country, and not just those in the United Kingdom. If you want to stay in the country for over 90 days at a time and aren’t able to enter the USA with a VWP, then you will have to apply for a B-2 tourist visa instead. It’s also important to note that having an ESTA visa only allows you to travel to the country without a visa. Whether or not you are able to enter the country is still up to the discretion of the immigration officer at your port of entry. You are not automatically given the right to enter the country.

Applying for a regular American visa can be a complicated process, and you are required to visit the American embassy. On the other hand, it is fast and easy to fill out an ESTA visa application UK and the entire process can be done online. If you are planning on completing the application online then you should prepare your machine-readable passport, credit card, and travel information. You won’t need the flight details to apply or the place you are staying as you may not know when you are traveling to the USA or where you will be staying right now.

You won’t need to print out any forms to apply for ESTA UK either as the entire process is handled online. There’s also no need to visit the American embassy or consulate. Please note that you won’t be able to apply online if you are not a citizen of a country in the Visa Waiver Program. We recommend checking to see if you are eligible for the ESTA before applying for one. If you are eligible, then there’s nothing stopping you from submitting your visa through the government website or with the help of a third-party service. Just be warned that these services may charge a fee for their help.